Thursday, December 06, 2007

Go Speed Racer Go!










I’m a fan of Anime, Japanese Animation for those not familiar, and one of the oldies from the days of yore is making a comeback to the big-screen. That’s right, Speed Racer in a movie theater near you!

Recently some of the first still pictures were released for general consumption and it looks like it’s going to be a bit CGI heavy, at least for the racing sequences, but I’ll have to wait and see how the picture comes out to really pass judgment. From my viewpoint the movie looks like a video game, or is it a video game that looks like a movie?

Anyways, in the near future I expect to see an onslaught of Speed Racer movie trailers, video games, and toy bits featuring Speed, Trixie, and Chim-Chim.

2 comments:

Bookend said...

Have you seen the trailer to Speed Racer? Looks like the cartoon come to life. Racer X looks cool. The Mach 5 was an actual car that could be driven, but never was.

KC said...

Speed Racer looks okay, but I think its geared more towards kids than anything else. (not that thats bad, but I had a distinct feeling of "Spy-Kids" when I saw the preview.