Monday, May 01, 2006

Summer’s Breeze


Spending the weekend in mid 70 degree weather and partially cloudy skies reminds me that summer isn’t too far away. With that in mind I have to mention that summer is an enjoyable part of the year that many of us look back on with fond memories…


Summer’s rolling in so let’s go down the checklist…

BBQ…CHECK

Sunscreen…CHECK

Alcoholic Beverage…CHECK

It’s a great time to get an early jump on some of the must haves for the summer, but I’m sure that many of you have these items already. And let’s face it, what’s summer without the BBQ. The beaches littered with the sizzling sound of various meats and veggies on the grill with plumes of white smoke sending signals of “come and get it”.

Summer grilling is one pleasure few can pass up. Gathering around the pit with the resident grill meister (I.E. Me), some friends and occasionally a beer or 5 isn’t a bad thing. Spending time with friends and summer seem meant for each other, it definitely feels like a social time of the year which could be attributed to the weather. Although in Southern California we’re blessed with mid 70’s weather all year round there just seems to be a different aura about summer in So. Cal.

As I recall some of the most fun I’ve had in summer hasn’t actually come from being outside per se, but in a car. No not in that way. I mean road trips, yeah you know…the ones that send you countless hours in a direction that you don’t quite remember but you just keep driving anyway. I think it’s the camaraderie that occurs with friends after the countless hours behind the wheel that’s the best. Put in those songs of summer that you remember so well and just drive…


So be safe and put on some sunscreen because I already got burnt…

No comments: